What happens during the 1,890-plus days from when your child is born to when they enter kindergarten lays the foundation for success in school and later in life. That’s why it’s important to enroll your child in a quality learning and development setting, according to the Ohio Department of Education.
Horizon Education Centers is proud to announce that our Market Square location has received a 4 Star Step Up to Quality rating. We pride ourselves on being an institution that exceeds the level of quality in development and learning programs of Ohio’s child care licensing standards. In addition to the Market Square location, Horizon Education Centers has six other locations with a four-star rating or higher from the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) and the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFM).
What This Means for Your Child
Step Up To Quality is a five–star quality rating and improvement system administered by the ODE and the ODJFM. It recognizes and promotes development and learning programs that “exceed preschool licensing and school-age child care licensing health and safety regulations,” according to the ODE.
Programs rated at the four-star level exceed the requirements of the three-star programs by:
- Having lower staff-to-child ratios
- Employing an administrator and teachers that have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and many years of experience working with young children
- Having the administrators and teachers complete more than 20 hours of specialized training every two years
- Using written, research-based lesson plans
- Building relationships with and valuing input from families and the community
With Horizon’s high rating, you can rest assured we are providing the kind of environment and staff that will help your child develop the social, emotional, critical thinking and physical skills that will help them do better in school and throughout life.
See how our staff can help your child succeed. Schedule a tour today.