More than 11 million children are unsupervised after school in the United States. Afterschool programs help keep kids safe, allow them to develop skills, and help working families.
Lights on Afterschool is a nationwide event celebrating afterschool programs. The Afterschool Alliance organizes it each October to highlight how afterschool programs support students and families. And since its launch in 2000, Lights on Afterschool events have grown to more than 8,000 nationwide.
Afterschool Programs at Horizon
Our school-age programs provide a place for your child to achieve academic success while you work or go to school. Before-school and afterschool programs are available when school is in session.
High-quality afterschool programs like the ones at Horizon provide benefits like:
- Enhanced social skills
- Homework help
- Improved academic performance
- Opportunities to develop interests like art, music, and science
- A safe environment
Afterschool programs also provide a significant return-on-investment, with every $1 invested saving at least $3 through increasing child’s earning potential, improving their performance at school, and reducing crime and juvenile delinquency.
Don’t Miss Our “Lights Out Afterschool” Events
Horizon families: Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn more about Horizon Education Center’s afterschool programs and our “Lights On Afterschool” celebrations!
Check out our list of dates and times at the school in your area.
- North Olmsted - Oct. 21, 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Elyria-Dewhurst - Oct. 21, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- South Elyria - Oct. 22, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
- Cascade - Oct. 27, 4:40 to 6 p.m.
- Market Square - Oct. 27, 4:30 to 6 p.m.
- East Lorain - Oct. 28, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Old Brooklyn - Oct. 28, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Berea - Oct. 28, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Southside - Oct. 28, 4 to 6 p.m.
- Triskett Station - Oct. 28, 4:30 to 6 p.m.
For more information on the Afterschool Alliance and the “Lights On Afterschool” program, click here.